american lit

Monday, October 23, 2006

Invisible Man

I absolutely loved this novel. The story sucked me in, and I couldn't put it down. I felt so sorry for the Invisible man, and all of the terrible things that happened to him, that I felt as if it was almost happening to me. The way in which the story was written, making you feel like you were there with him, and that what was happening to him, was almost happening to you too. From the very beginning, when he was thrust into the 'battle royal' and horrified by all that happened to him there, just to get his scholarship to college, only for that not to work out either, I felt so terribly sorry for him. The end broke my heart too, he had such a kind heart, and all he wanted was to give speeches and belong, and no matter where he went all he found was disappointment and sadness. One failure after the other, and he couldn't be hopeful anymore at the end, and lived a life of sadness and disappointment. The connections made between this novel and the other ones we are reading is striking. When he is reading the slip of paper from the eviction, and it is almost the exact thing from The Bear, it is amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home